KAT VON D LOCK-IT FOUNDATION | VEGAN FOUNDATION REVIEW

Sonntag, 16. April 2017
Happy Easter everybody! I hope your day is filled with a lot of nice food and family and friends. Have a nice one and stay safe!
So today is going to be a in depth review of the Kat von D Lock-It Foundation. It was on my wishlist since like two years?! Crazy how much research I've done just to get my hands on it. I tried to get it from Switzerland or Austria and at the end I found my luck in France.

Shipping + Payment
As I said before, I did a lot of research when it came to tis foundation. I had no idea where to get it. Then I read somewhere that you can order from Sephora France and pay with PayPal. My entire world changed and at the beginning of this month I finally made the purchase. I ordered on a Monday night and the foundation was delievered on Thursday. Shiping was super fast but 9,90€. This is insane, when you think about that Lime Crime charges 10,95$ shipment to Germany. I expected less expensive shipping since it is my neighbour country, but Sephora knows how to get money, right?

The Product
The Lock-It foundation claims to be Full Coverage, long lasting and so much more. I'm a sucker for full coverage, suffering from rosacea and discoloration, I NEED full coverage. 
The packaging is right up my street. A sleek palstic bottle with a simple yet chic design. Kat designed all her products and it's nice to see a artist who still lays so much work in her work (did that make sense?). The foundation itself is really creamy and super pigmented. 




Application
I've read a lot of tips on how to use the product. Some say brush, some say blender or sponge. Due to my oily skin I rather take my sponge to apply it. I tried to apply it with my foundation brush but it make me look suuuupppeeerrr cakey. On the other hand, the sponge spreads it easily, blends amazing and it looks more natural.
Now, the texture itself made me small problems. I never worked with such a texture before and it was definitely something new. The first time I applied it and wore it, it didn't even settle down or dried down. Everyone could see that I wear foundation, it was cakey around my forehead and my oily zones never looked so oily before. My luck that I talked to Jess from veganbeautyaddict. She told me to mix oil in it, so I did. I mixed my Jojobaoil in it, which I never had a problem with. The foundation turned orange and I looked like Donald Trumps cousin. Another fail... At this point I was literally done. I didn't want to try it out again and I was angry that it costed me so much money. The next day I got more adventurous and mixed my Catrice primer with the creamy product. The foundation went on like a dream and didn't look cakey at all, not even after a few hours. Everyone needs to find their own way when it comes to this foundation. 


It doesn't oxidize at all, while the UD All Nighter foundation looks horrid after only a few minutes. Finding the right shade is tricky tho. Sephora has a quite good matching theme on their website, while you can also to got the official Kat von D Beauty site to find your match. There a lot of shades to choose from, so that everyone finds their match. I decided to go for #43 Light warm. It is the lightest shade with a warm undertone which compliments my skin without a big effort.

Conclusion
I had a rough start with it and now I wouldn't even give it away. It covers my rosacea without any problems and stays on my face the whole day. It doesn't budge, it doesn't move, it just stays. STays the whole day without going anywhere. Would I buy it again (even with a overall price of 44,40€). There is no other product that ever covered my rosacea that well.
A must have for everyone who strives to have full coverage, well for acne and pigmentation problems that you might have.

If you're still reading then Hi! I'm glad you lasted that long and I hope you got the information you needed. Now go and eat that chocolate god damnit!!!

xN

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen