The PROBLEM with cruelty-free beauty

Sonntag, 20. November 2016

Good afternoon peoples, today we talk about my two passions: Beauty and Cruelty-Free stuff.

I don't want to ramble around so let's start.

The Drugstore/Shops
There is withouht a doubt a selection of cruelty-free makeup and usual stuff we need in our daily life, but what really upsets me is the lack of education the people have, who work there. Here, in Germany, we have Douglas, which is kinda like Sephora or Ulta and it's super popular for having a ton of brands with big names. Now there is one in almost every city and everyone knows the stores. I was in the one in my city and looked for a new foundation. After I told the lady that worked there what I was looking for, she placed me on a makeup table and started trying out foundations on me. After a while a lady came to her and asked for cruelty-free brands. She directed her to fucking Clinique and I almost started crying. It's still a shame for me that the people who work there don't know anythin about cruelty-free brands that they carry. I'm not the only one out there who looks up brands every night to see if they test on animals or not. A lot of people see that it isn't that bad to jump on the animal loving train without giving up there favorite brands.

On the counter
I'm pretty sure a load of you heard about Kiehl's right? The New Yorker brand that is famous for their skincare products. Now I heard of them and never actually looked up if they're cruelty-free or not. So I went to Dresden (what a suprise lmao) and there is a Kiehl's counter. So i went up there and asked the lady if they test on animals, she said No and i , the dumbass, believed her. Kiehl's does text on animals, so don't get fooled. Of course they don't test their products in the EU, since it's against the law here, but they sell their products in countries where it is aquired by law.
Better switch Kiehl's  with the good 'ol Lush.

Now that's it for today, since I didn't want to get too rambly in here and make companies look bad, but please, if you are thinking about switching to a cruelty-free beauty and lifestyle then do your research! My #1 stop is always PETA or Cruelty-Free Kitty. There are also two apps that I use, but they need to be updated, so i am not going to link them here.
Hope it was kind of... well... educational???????????? 
Have a good Sunday and a awesome start into the new week!

x N


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen