a dose of color

Sonntag, 12. Februar 2017

Oh god, I am actually so excited about these. I got those in the mail and was about to start crying... Okay, weird introduction but it had to be said. Now DOC is a vegan and cruelty-free brand from the U.S. and they literally slay the makeup world. I always saw so many people on Instagram raving about those matte liquid lipsticks and as always I was dying to have them. Now, I'm a person who hates ordering from America. I don't know why but I don't feel comfortable especially when I see the shipping price. Ugh... everyone knows the feeling when the shipping costs more then the actual products you want to order. Since this pisses me off all the time I look around for popular brands on second-hand apps. This time I made the right catch with these two. Both for 11€ isn't such a bad catch eh?

Both were only swatched and the seller was nice aswell. "second-hand" in makeup isn't always that bad, sometimes you find real gems that were used just once or even just swatched! It is simply amazing. So I got the colors Sand and Merlot.
Both are higly pigmented and pretty much don't fade. Merlot is a really nice cool-toned red, so perfect for making your teeth look whiter. Sand is a cool-toned and pretty much muted peach color. I actually excpected it to be a pretty nude but man was I wrong! I'm not sure if I'll keep it or rebuy it again. It's hrd, but it also looks pretty good on me... Give me time with this color.
The only downside to these is that they get pretty drying on your lips. Sure, they're matte, but damn they dry my lips more out then the NYX soft matte lip creams. Also Merlot is a literal bitch to remove. I always end up looking like the Joker from Batman. So it's good for a night out but not so good for work, especially when you work over nine hours like me. Sand crack after a short period of time and it doesn't dry down as quickly as I want it. Crazy, right? Been waiting to get my hands on them and now they have so many downsides. But overall, I am pretty happy with the outcome. I can see myself wearing these colors a lot in the summer, but for now I'll go back to my beloved NYX soft matte lip cream in London ;)

Have a nice week y'all 
x N

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen