VEGAN DIARY - WEEK 6

Sonntag, 19. Februar 2017

Only week six? Thought it's going on longer already... oh well.

Good morning to everyone who is getting up just right now and to everyone who has been up since a couple of hours, like me. The weeks pass by and I was suprised that it's only been six weeks. Time is a bitch.
Now it's getting way easier to eat and also coordinate what to eat and what not to eat. I found what I absolutely love and what I dislike. Finding vegan products is way easier and you get into your routine. Recipes are everywhere and some of them are heaven. For example: After getting a horrible cold I stood in the kitchen making myself some potato soup with soy milk and smoked tofu. Holy cow I wanted to take a bath in it. I serisouly wanted to. My meat-eater Dad liked it too and so did my stepmom. I also feel pretty more energised. Sure, waking up is always hard but i feel much better lately (I'm writing this right now having a cold yay), a raw vegan diet/lifestyle is probably better for your body and I try to slowly getting there. The problem is that there is so much nice stuff for us people now. I spend the most money on food and "play" around with it. Many apps and websites help me out so much when it comes to new stuff to try out. I love how much the vegan community is growing!

The downside is that people always want to know why you do it and the way they look at you when the questions pops. It's judging. No other way to portrait it. We get judged all the time, being called "nuts" or "completely crazy" is a issue. Vegetarians are also being somehow accepted, althought they get judged too. Is it wrong to eat only plant based? I would love to quote Ellen Page on this:

“Why are vegans made fun of while the inhumane factory farming process regards animals and the natural world merely as commodities to be exploited for profit?”
Vegans are portrait as crazy people who are basically hipsters. I'm not mad about the hipster thing, I am mad about the crazy thing. Paul McCartney once said:
“If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we’d all be vegetarian.”
Amen to Paul for this one!

I also decided to not wear any wool, leather, fur (duh!), satin etc. Just everything that comes from animals. Faux leather can be found everywhere nowadays and faux fur too, which I would be careful with. Many tests had shown that a lot real fur is mixed between that faux fur. Ugh, right? Let's hope that they change something about that... Also I would love to spill some tea here. As a lover of flatform shoes, I browsed throught Net A Porter and came across Gucci. Personaly, I don't get the hype around this brand. Tacky designs and ofcourse leather slippers with lamb/goat fur. Yikes. Yikes all the way. Sure the high-society go crazy over stuff like this but always ask yourself the question: "Would I wear my dogs/cats/hamster etc skin or fur just for looking good?"
I bet you wouldn't. You always have to ask people indirect when it comes to stuff like this. Joaquin Phoenix made a video and a campaign for PETA some months ago and I think it's worth a watch.

I think this is enough for today. Get some nice rest on this day before all the crazy begins again!
x N


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen