VEGAN DIARY - WEEK 1

Sonntag, 8. Januar 2017



New Year, new me... fuck this shit. I'm sorry... Happy 2017 everyone! I hope all of your dreams come true and you have the best start into this new year!

Anyhoooooo, some (maybe some) of you saw that I changed a little thing in my Instagram bio. I went vegan and it's a huge thing for me. I'm mainly doing this for my health, the enviroment and of course animal rights. I mainly do things for animal rights. Some people don't understand it and it is okay. Not everyone things like me. Kat von D inspired me to go vegan. I admire how she fights for animals and tries to change peoples minds about what they eat. 

So this is a refelction of the past week. I've been transforming slowly since the last weeks of December 2016 and it is suprisingly easy. Going from being a pescetarian to a vegan person isn't a big change. I've been cutting out fish for a while now and don't miss it. 
But the hardest part is still making lunch for school. I always have the feeling of not having enough and then when I come home I still have over the half of it in my bag. My stomach doesn't need a lot anymore. I don't feel heavily bloathed like I used to when I was normal eater, I don't eat whenever I'm bored. I'm not hungry all the time. This makes me a little bit more confident. Recently, when I went to Primark, I realized (to my suprise) that I now fit into a UK 14. This is huge for me! I really want to lose a lot of weight, just for me and also for my two really bad, damaged knees. It will be good for them to not carry a lot of weight around and also for me it is going to be a bonus.  Everyone in my family teels me how good I look and it makes me happy. I want to continue and feel good in my body again. 

Please don't think that vegans only eat plants or something haha. These days you have so many vegan options for everything. Ice Cream, Chocolate (most normal dark chocolate is vegan), Biscuits, !!!Nutella!!! and so much more! 
Did any of you know that actually normal, like plain bread is vegan? But over the years the bakers added butter, milk or eggs if needed. But finding vegan bread isn't hard at all. You can basically find it everywhere nowadays.

So this week flew by like nothing. Where is it gone and also will the next week also fly by like this please? Thanks. Let's come to the stuff I took to school:
Mostly I take fruits, salads and bread with me. Sometimes also biscuits or a small dark chocolate bar. There aren't any rules in this game. Just take whatever you like with you.
I get my salads most likely from supermarkets like

  • Norma
  • Aldi
  • Kaufland
  • Lidl
Germany is slowly going into the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. Bio markets are now everywhere and not nearly expensive as everyone thinks. Sometimes they're even less expensive when it comes to fruits or vegetables then the "normal" supermarkets.
Norma offers my favorite salad with Quinoa, curry, beans and a lot of other magical things in there. They really have a lot but I hate that you literally have to search for everything. It's hidden, in Kaufland instead you have a whole, big section. I would love if some other markets would do the same.
I also found a life saving recipe for vegan chocolate pudding. I love to take this with me for a little afternoon break in school. Normal sugar in fruits keeps you alive and awake. Also this pudding fills you up, so you went eat something for the next three hours haha.
Many self-service bakeries offer vegan options now too. I tried a lot from Backwerk and I'm so in love with chia-vegetable bruger and also the spinach in flaky pastry. I ate the spinach one at 3pm and haven't had a craving in food till the next morning. Simply amazing!

If you still reading, then congratulations. This is just a quick overview of this week. I'll do a more detailed one in a couple of weeks. If you think of becoming vegan or vegetarian, please do your research, take vitamins that are made for the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, like I do. You can lack a lot of Vitamin B12 which is realy important for your body.
Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely sunday and a good start into the week!
x N 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen