How to keep Plants alive

Donnerstag, 22. September 2016

A complete idiot writes a blog entry about hot to keep plants alive, while I still haven't watered mine... Oh well, blame it on me but since I got a little cute plant family, I see myself as a expert of keeping them alive since most of them are  cacti. But they're still family and cute and absolutely beautiful and and and...

Before I keep rambling about how beautoful my plants are, I'm just starting.

1. Water them as much as they need to
Cacti need water once a month, others need water once a week. Some people seem not to know how often their plants need water, my tip is to research the plant or flower you just bought or ask someone who knows a lot about that stuff. In that case I have my stepmom, she is the one who plasters or apartment full of plants till there are more plant as dust grains. No joke. I don't joke about the problems my stepmom has when it comes to our little green friends.

2. Keep a schedule
I used to struggle to water the ones who needed once a week. Don't know why, I just have a really lazy ass. At some point I started making memories in my phone, so it would ringt whenever I have to water them. Right now I have a "Water Plant" Day, it's every Thursday. So today is the day and I still haven't water them. Told you I'm an idiot.

3. Never drown them!
Please just don't. Seriosuly, don't. If you go on vacation or have to leave the city for a while, ask a friend or neighbor you trust. You won't keep your plants long when you drown them and they will just end up rotten.

4. Check your plants every week of water arrears in the bottem of the plant pot
Before you even get your watering can, lift up your plants out of the plant pot and check for water arrears. If you find water at the bottom, it smells horrible. Just pour it away, put the plant back in and water as usual.

Have a nice rest of the week and a lovely weekend 

x Nika

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen